Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Yehhhh i was over them a long time ago when i realised how bad they make the car float around the road haha. My bro gets all his work done on his vs v6 ute out at sandgate. Hes spent around 7k on his motor, gearbox and running a haltech ecu.... was still slower then my wagon but haha.... well its gonna be faster then my vl turbo once he gets it supercharged this year. I just msgd him for the workshops name and ill let you know

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
*Paid for my intercooler kit today
*Resprayed the rocker cover in VL turbo wrinkle red today

dsc00083.jpg

dsc00088g.jpg
dsc00092sv.jpg

Now fitted, still need to sand off the paint on top of "holden" when the paints cured. Next to do is polish plenum have already started on the first 2 runners
dsc00098x.jpg

Last edited:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
I spent this morning taking off N/A gear.... All smooth so far, no broken exhaust manifold studs or any bolts as of yet. Oil drain is fitted in the block. Tommorow i will fit turbo running gear and my intercooler should be here tomorrow as it was posted on wednesday.

dsc00107.jpg

Ready for fitting
dsc00106a.jpg

<atomicL93>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 5 speed (sold), VS wagon
very nice mate love the color! good luck with it
be sure to put an immobilizer on this one!
how much boost are you gonna be running?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
nice man coming along nicely.. i have finished my turbo conversion last week, mate goes really well only at 7 psi u will love it

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers fellas. Yeh mate it already has an alarm and imobilizor and soon to be gps bug. Just going to run 7psi for now on N/A ecu and injectors for the time being untill i get m vlt injectors tested.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
My intercooler finally came today. The car is turbod now. Just need to put the afm in piping and then i can start it up (probably on thursday on my day off). And then its off to exhaust shop for 3" zorst and high flow cat and to put 2 manifold studs in what i cant get on ( i cant be ****ed taking off manifold and turbo again too much hasle)
dsc00123ez.jpg

Cant wait to get some pics of it outdoors when its all back together

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
what cooler kit is that mate ?? as for the airflow meter im planing on putting mine in the piping to but to get it running i just put it infront of the turbo. have a look at my thread was realy easy.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its a monsta kit $500 off ebay. Yehhh its in the piping now. Started filling it up with coolant this arvo and it started pissing out of the banjo bolt from the water feed on the turbo. Not quite sure why. Will sus it out tomoz.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
dsc00128g.jpg

Got it towed today for them to finish it. There putting in my turbo ecu and injectors as well and putting it on the dyno to make sure its not leaning out. Should have it back next week sometime