Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
It is currently making with a old 22 year old t3 with HEAPS of sharft play 138rwkw on 6psi with a full 22 year old N/A exhaust!!!

They put the turbo ecu on but it was running super lean so they went back to N/A ecu. They said it was detonating pretty bad so they lowered the timing and lowered the boost to 6psi. They say i can run a little more boost through it when i get my exhaust done....

Im gonna go check it out tomorrow but wont be able to pick it up untill maybe next week if not the week after as ive got **** all $$$$

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
nice man..... weird why pinging i have a cooler running 15degrees timing on 98 octane fuel and no knocking at all running a treat i would like to get it dyno'd 2 also running N/A ECU and Injectors...
well done man looking good

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh mate just a heads up for all running n/a ecu and injectors. I went in yesterday to look at my car im pretty impressed with he job they've done . Theyve dont lots of modifying and cleaning up look completely different from when i had it lol . They showed me the dyno print out and its running lean up top. Its not detonating at all but its in "the danger zone" Ill show yous a pic of the print out when i pick up the car. Im going to skip the whole stock vlt ecu and injectors and go with aftermarket ecu and bigger injectors. So my vlt ecu and injectors will be for sale soon if anyones interested.

cracker

Reaction score
looking good, first thing i would do is piss off that standard frontpipe, and 3" exhaust.
i ran n/a ecu and turbo injectors with no issue for 10months or so maxed them out at 183rwkw
with a 3" exhaust, standard injectors and ecu add a fuel reg should push 200rwkw

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep next to do is 3" zorst and highflow cat. Ive been quoted $800 fitted and then save for ecu and inectors and then bigger turbo and then stronger gearbox and then stronger dif and then stronger bottom end....mmmm my money pit. This cars gonna live in the garage for the rest of its life now. Only going to be driven a couple times a week...

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought i might start new build since its turbod now. Still need to mod front bumper for it to go on properly. Split a power steer house today. t3 is ****ed blows so much smoke when its cold. Currently looking at t3 highflow or i might have the t3 rebuilt dunno yet. Pics are pretty **** i ****ing hate cameras. Car is pretty slow compared to my old wagon but its got more torque because its high comp. Dyno guys reckon ill get another 60rwhp when i get the exhaust done its pretty restricted. First thing to do it get the smokey turbo fixed so i can start driving it without someone calling the fire brigade on me haha

Model: Berlina turbo
Year: 1988
Colour: moroon over silver
Bodykit: calais skirts
Engine Type:Nissan rb30et
Engine Mods: none. N/A injectors, n/a ecu 6psi
Power: 138rwkw on 6psi
Exhaust: N/A 1.5"cat back :(
Gearbox: Nissan mf5
Diff: N/A single pegger
Brakes: Stock disc
Suspension: chopped
Wheels/Tyres: Chasers
Interior: Blue
Stereo: Pioneer something
Other Mods:
Future Mods:3" cat back exhaust, highflow cat, rebuilt turbo or highflow t3

dsc00163uj.jpg

dsc00160zt.jpg

dsc00159my.jpg

dsc00157c.jpg

dsc00158br.jpg

dsc00161f.jpg

dsc00154ot.jpg

cracker

Reaction score
looking good spewing about the turbo though
if your after a set of turbo injectors pm me $100

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yehhh its a ****, it clears up after about 5-10 minutes of driving but its still horrible. I alredy got turbo injectors im selling them as well... Looking to go aftermarket ecu and injectors once i have turbo and exhaust done

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just got quoted $1000 to rebuild my t3 or pull the turbo off and give it to them and they will do it for $700...So im rebuilding it myself following the guide on calaisturbo. Just bought the rebuild kit. What a ****ing headache i just wanna boooost with no god damn smoke!

Ill pull the **** apart on monday and begin stripping the turbo down ready for when the kit gets here

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
nice man i love the pic where u have turbo on boot and a tiny maccas straw of an exhaust, :p
must be very restricted.....
when she can breath it will be more responsive
spewin about the turbo....