Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Berlina 5 speed burgandy over silver :)

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
You running high comp? Whats your fuel setup nath. Mines n/a pump, regulator. And turbo ecu and injectors. 8psi actuator i think i was leaning out at 10psi with the t3 on old motor lol

Also when boosting old and new motor makes a kind of ticking noise, i dont know if its detenation or exhaust manny leak??

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
hmm yeah man im running highcomp.. N/A pump and vlt ecu and Inj and rising fuel rate reg bud. hmm whats ur timing lik buddy.? mine is factory 15 degrees. ticking is a bit weird. not actuator flap shudder?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
timing u will need a timing light..
as for the wastegate shudder.. its like a metal on metal clicking sorta sound... hard to describe. and will only do it when ur at ur boost level as the flap is opening and closing to maintain ur boost and not over-boosting..

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
mmmm dunno it kinda sounds like a ticking but i remember my old motor used to do it when it was N/A with high rpms... probs exhaust manny leak or something? Put my foot down for the first time today... feels nice, lights up 2nd when comes on boost in the dry so cant complain about that

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
put me foot down last night.... 8psi, 4th gear flat... dont have a speedo but was moving fast.... pop went the head gasket :(

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
buy a work car and then take vl off the road and build it