Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Boot & Tail Light Moulds

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Hey guys,

I have a 2nd hand VL commodore, Im sure you guys know that the tail lights and boot have a plastic mould around them. Unfortunately when i picked up mine the boot one was half ripped off and snaped at the end, This gave me no other option but to rip it off. I have since got off all the double sided tape and polished were the strip used to be.
Here is some pictures of how it looks:

Photo0190.jpg

And here is a picture showing the tail light moulds.
Photo0191.jpg

In my opinion i think it looks silly with the tail light moulds still attached but the boot mould gone.
What's your opinion?
Also what does it look like with the tail light moulds gone too? Like are they covering up anything on the body of the car or on the paint?
Because im thinking of taking off the tail light moulds too, but i would hate it to look bad with out them.

Cheers for checking out the thread!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I don't think they cover anything specific, like, I think it's the same as the boot, just to give it a better look.

You could always pull the rubbers off and check lol

NewVLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL Turbo, VL Exec Turbo & Calais Turbo Wagons
There are three or so holes under the corner trims, you'll see the little nuts inside the boot. There will also be the edges of a black paint out under them as well.

Just try and find a new boot trim and put it back on with good double sided body trim tape like 3M.

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
I don't think they cover anything specific, like, I think it's the same as the boot, just to give it a better look.

You could always pull the rubbers off and check lol

Cheers mate. :D

There are three or so holes under the corner trims, you'll see the little nuts inside the boot. There will also be the edges of a black paint out under them as well.

Just try and find a new boot trim and put it back on with good double sided body trim tape like 3M.

Thanks for telling me whats under them man, looks like im going to have to buy a new set, There $80 on eBay.
Either that or get a plastic and rubber place to cut me up a strip.

Cheers for the comment man!

NewVLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL Turbo, VL Exec Turbo & Calais Turbo Wagons
Just head down to the wreckers with a bread knife and cut off a complete one. You'll need the serrations on the knife to cut through the double sided tape to get it off in one piece.
You can also polish them up pretty well with some "0000" grade steel wool (really fine stuff) and then hit it with Meguiars Clear Plastic Polish.

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
What the hell is with all this stuff at the bottom of posts now?? Anyone else getting it?

9sgfab.jpg

Haha yeah i'm gettin it too man, Weird.

Just head down to the wreckers with a bread knife and cut off a complete one. You'll need the serrations on the knife to cut through the double sided tape to get it off in one piece.
You can also polish them up pretty well with some "0000" grade steel wool (really fine stuff) and then hit it with Meguiars Clear Plastic Polish.
I wish it was that easy mate, I have about 5 wreckers around were i live. I have been to each and they have not got any Vl's at all. (Exept 1, which had no strip)
It's actually very strange, As some have a couple of VK's and earlier models.
:D