Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL BT1 INTERCEPTOR RIM STAMP

Maldan28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL BT1 interceptor
Absolute novice here... can someone tell me about what should be stamped on genuine VL Interceptor rims? And all rims are 7” right? Sorry for the novice questions?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nothing saying cop , BT1 or alikes if that's what you're chasing

I've got 3 sets of 15X7 silver steel rims here and only 2 of those rims came off genuine cop cars...The rest came off other commodores...1 set came off a crewman

Maldan28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL BT1 interceptor
Are the 2 off the cop cars stamped with MG? What is stamped in them?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Are the 2 off the cop cars stamped with MG? What is stamped in them?

I'd had a quick look and I reckon I found one that I took off a VZ cop car....No MG stamp on it...It had the same stampings that all my other steel rims had and I have approximately 20 loose rims off various cars

Last edited:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Absolute novice here... can someone tell me about what should be stamped on genuine VL Interceptor rims? And all rims are 7” right? Sorry for the novice questions?

I’m pretty sure that the turbo-6 and V8 had 6” rim width. The non-turbo may have had 5.5” but I’m not totally sure.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Don't think 15x7 came about untill vy or vz model.

Someone may have stamped in their initials...some wheels were stamped UTE.

vl models got the silver 15x6 chasers with 290mm disc upgrade for v8 or turbo cars

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
We owned 2 VL V8 commodore sedans both May 88 builds for memory, and they came with 15x6 no special stamping.
We also owned a VZ police vehicle May 05 build for memory which had 15x7 again no special stamping.
The 15x7's are now on my VZ wagon.
Gees it drives nice with them on.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
We owned 2 VL V8 commodore sedans both May 88 builds for memory, and they came with 15x6 no special stamping.
We also owned a VZ police vehicle May 05 build for memory which had 15x7 again no special stamping.
The 15x7's are now on my VZ wagon.
Gees it drives nice with them on.
Would you believe the genuine chaser wheels are 15x6. But they are stamped 26P meaning the offset so they look like 15x7. The 15x7 rims are stamped 43P

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Would you believe the genuine chaser wheels are 15x6. But they are stamped 26P meaning the offset so they look like 15x7. The 15x7 rims are stamped 43P

They started off with 15X6 silver coloured steel wheels and then moved to 15X7 steel silver coloured wheels fitted to cop cars...

To tell the difference between a 15X6 and a 15X7, just look near the valve stem hole....The size is actually stamped there.

Back when 15X6 steel wheels started becoming popular because every man and his dog reckon they are chaser wheels, people started painting them silver, but failed to remove the tyre, so the brown/black colour remained there....

When the 15X7's came out, they were all silver...I have 3 sets here and only 2 of the 12 15X7 steel wheels actually came off a cop car....I know they are genuine cop rims, because the car had been involved in a prang and the insurance insisted 2 new rims be fitted, even though they only had gutter rash on them....The others came off crewmans and stock non-police commodores, so telling the difference is difficult unless you know the history of the rims

And to finish it off, I also have 2 15X6 steel rims here that came off a VT wagon....They are brown in colour and believe they maybe the original rims off the car from the factory.....

Last edited:

Groupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vpss vz coupe 4 FG f6 VE ss

Hi mate you still
Have those rims