Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Build ??

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I guess the OP settled for a VR V8 Berlina instead

AJ8001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
When done engineering is a must... don't want anything dodgy..

I'm about 400km from any engineer that would be able to help, might be a trip to Perth in the coming weeks...

Hi,
I've just bought a VL Commodore SL roiling shell and I'm now weighing up my engine options as you did a few years ago. I was just wondering how you went, what you ended up putting in etc. I'm keen for a V8 but not sure who to turn to to get me started.
Cheers.

MYVS5LTRUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 Berlina
Hi,
I've just bought a VL Commodore SL roiling shell and I'm now weighing up my engine options as you did a few years ago. I was just wondering how you went, what you ended up putting in etc. I'm keen for a V8 but not sure who to turn to to get me started.
Cheers.
I ended up putting it in the to hard basket... Living where I do it was going to be so very hard, in WA it's hard with power limits. So I bought a Supercharged VE SSV that was already done.
I have that burning desire to get a VK/VL but it probably won't be licensed but used at hill climbs and track days..

AJ8001

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
I ended up putting it in the to hard basket... Living where I do it was going to be so very hard, in WA it's hard with power limits. So I bought a Supercharged VE SSV that was already done.
I have that burning desire to get a VK/VL but it probably won't be licensed but used at hill climbs and track days..
That's too bad, I'm in Perth and yes it seems things are more restricted here. Thanks for the reply