Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL calais eyelids

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
anyone know a possible cause for my calais's pop up lights not to work? the lights will be

on but the eyelids wont be up. i know the motor works perfectly because i can manually

wind them up, and when the battery is connected up again they close themselves.. but the

lights work just fine so somehow the power isnt getting to the motor. is it possibly the

relay? how could i check whats going wrong? anyone been able to fix the same problem?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
i would think its not a fuse problem as they close when powered, thus being connected, maybe a sticky relay yes or a bad connection to the motor from relay, use a multimeter to isolate the problem

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
the relay is a common prob with the eyelids... relay is behind the drivers side headlight, there is 2 or 3 relays there.. try one of the other relays in the eyelid one and see how ya go..

Larry

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
neighbor had the exact same problem, its the relay, went wreckes, got handufl of same coded ones and fixed the problem

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
hey guys. i got it working, i tried the few relays near the battery and found the right one.
thanks for the help ;)