Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Calais non flip lights legal?

JRS001

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
hey guys,

i couldnt find a thread already on this but has anyone had any experience with calais style non flip headlights and are they legal/roadworthy in qld. if so have you had any problems with light projection etc?

thanks for the help guys

JRS

base308

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl commodore and vz ss
if your talking about the fiberglass aftermart calais nose cones then as far as i no they arnt legal due to reduce the amount of light coming out

JRS001

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
bugger... well i guess ill just throw em on when i get mine and wait for them to pull me over lol... the worst they can do is defect the car then ill just throw the old ones back and start looking for a full calais front assembly :D

thanks a bunch

VR_Acclaim

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr acclaim
they done actually effect how much comes out, as the dont sit over the bulbs glow region, i had a full genuine calias which when i sold went as a berlina basicaly and i disconeccted my pop up motor and never once defected or noticed a different in lights

RB30E+T

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl Calais
I've been using a non-flip calais front for about 5 months & I havn't been pulled over once

hovey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl CALAIS
iv have my flips disconnected for the last year an half no notice loss in lights an cops have never said any think of it

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat