Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL calais project

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
talkin about gearbox's i dont think my auto will last long, might look for a built auto for it soon

the rear bar needs to be plastic welded them sanded n resprayed, im doin my bootlid and senator spoiler at the same time..

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
hey nath.... changed over the dizzy on the weekend as it kept cuttin out, i pulled the old cas out and noticed of oily/grease thru-out the dizzy and i found that the top cover of the bearing had fallen off.... after changing the dizzy over it runs 10x better now....

just about finished the front screen area so i can get a new screen fitted and time for rego, im on 2 weeks hols after tomorrow and hopin to have it on the road before i go back to work....

hows ur beast goin ?? u should come for a run down here one day soon mate

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
nice to hear u fixed your problem man. yeah i should come for a run down there sometime where in brizzy r u (suburb)

yeah mine is going alright man... want a MX7 box though :p or i just put in an r33 box

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
im at alexandra hills near capalaba... go with the 33 box mate, hard to find a good mx7 these days...... my old vlct had a mx7 and it was starting to get notchy n noisey

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
alrighty, windscreen rust work finally finished and new screen fitted..... rwc next week im hoping...

few pics...

Picture269.jpg

Picture268.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol nath, its not that good up close.... all original paint besides the bonnet n left guard

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
just a quick update..... the calais went in for a rwc last week, only things needed fixing was the sticky left caliper(ended up changing my brakes to vlt calipers with dba gold series rotors with bendix pads and also fitted a 1in master cyl) and the handbrake needed adjusting... so fixed all of that yesty and its booked in for the final inspection tomorrow morning... will be rego'd straight after the inspection....

heres a pic of the brakes i fitted..

IMG_0296.jpg

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
its offically registed..... now time to get it moving a lil quicker