Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL calais project

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HBD LS1, VL calais project
Model: VL calais series2 with electric sunroof
Year: 1987
Engine: atm RB30E
Exhaust: 2-1/2in with paceys atm but have a 3in system here for it when it gets the turbo engine fitted
Wheels: chrome 18in Koya's or i got 2 sets of calais wheels, one set polished and one set not
Mods: atm, just dumped all round and a lil stezza in it..
Future:resprayed sometime in the near future, i want to fit my first turbo engine from my old calais which is gettin a freshen up now... got a full turbo conversion for it with nistune ecu & 550cc siemans inj's.. in the middle of doin rust work so hopefully on the road soon but respray n 30et sometime next year... heres some pics...

19122009252.jpg

19122009248.jpg

19122009249.jpg

19122009252-1.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

just got the new rear window section welded in so i finished it off this weekend and its in primer now

IMG_0181.jpg

thats it for now... will update over the next few weeks, hopefully the front screen is next on the list

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Looks nice mate,

Whoa look at the parcel shelf holes :p you gonna weld those up or throw some 6x9's in there (by the looks of the size lol)

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Xstatic64... the rear shelf that came out of the calais had pioneer 6x9s.. so thats goin back in.. its made out of mdf not the factory one

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing at all nath... been raining for over a week now n i just wanna paint the rear window section so i can put the window back in.. so hoping on the weekend its fine to do it.... if i had a shed it would be nearly finished by now

Lazza78

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
im hoping its fine on the weekend so i can get this done to it.... front screen is comin out when the rear is in