Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Calais Turbo

VLturbs87

1 TUFF SLE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 333 stroker
Whats happening?
i have a 1987 vl calais turbo, its orinigal turbo in it, running 8 pounds but boostin that soon, white over silver, 3'' dump pipe, lsd, getting a new paint job as the one on it now isn't get, got 18inch ANZ rims, hasn't been lowered ( waiting on money to get that done ), Got a 8inch LCD dvd/tv screen, clarion mp3/wma/cd head unit, Alpine 2ways (b), pioneer 2ways (f), Clarion amp 600w, 2 x 12in clarion dome subbies, momo steering wheel, B & N shifter, boost gage...

Plans: Get it sprayed painted i'm not sure on a color i was thinking Candy apple green, I'm not sure tell me what you's think, Dvd screens in both back seat rests, lowered, And abit more down the track im hoping to get a bigger fuel pump, get mr2 fuel injects, t4 turbo.. I don't have any pics at the moment, but tomorow morining i'm planning on taking some so i'll post them up then.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
sounds nice, im not a fan of white, but i like the candy apple green idea
cant wait to see some pics of it

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
What's the story with LCD screens and the heat. I wonder if they will last if you park it outside for too long?

Mike

VLturbs87

1 TUFF SLE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 333 stroker
Na i don't think it would, but it flips and slides in the covering and i park it in the garage, so yeah i'm sort of lucky.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
post some pics of the screens. i want to install some myself.

VLturbs87

1 TUFF SLE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 333 stroker
No worries getting pics very soon

R

Rossgo79

Sound like its going to be a nice ride :thumbsup: Start saving your penny's for a new turbo sooner than you expect cause old stock units don't last to long being boosted. My old stock one lasted on 12 psi for around 8 months then the bearing crapped out. Then got a new turbo and the head gasket blew out. Just something to think about.

lennyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S2
If I had to buy a commodore from the 80's it'd be a VL Calais. Can't wait to see it.