Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Commodore Berlina 1986 - RB30DE ....Yeah Twincam ;)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Nice VHell bro, what cams and computer is it running? is it a neo head?

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
Nice VHell bro, what cams and computer is it running? is it a neo head?

Reground cams, running RB25DET s1 VCT head from an R33 GTS-T, ECU is a Haltech PS1000

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
I can appreciate the level of dedication and $$$ spent to achieve this. Very good job! I'm not having a go at you, I genuinely can't see the point in spending all this money on a non turbo rb25/30. Why? Is it a age thing? Because your on your p's or something? No disrespect.
You would have the Same power and the fun of boost if it had the standard t28 and none of the mods you have done.
Imagine how much more power this would have if it had the tiny t28 spooling behind those mods.
Otherwise good work.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I can appreciate the level of dedication and $$$ spent to achieve this. Very good job! I'm not having a go at you, I genuinely can't see the point in spending all this money on a non turbo rb25/30. Why? Is it a age thing? Because your on your p's or something? No disrespect.
You would have the Same power and the fun of boost if it had the standard t28 and none of the mods you have done.
Imagine how much more power this would have if it had the tiny t28 spooling behind those mods.
Otherwise good work.

not everything needs boost(que airstrike)

being a track car, p plates have nothing to do with it. chances are he wants to keep it in a certain race class, and thus is restricted to no boost, and 3ltr capacity.

MUSone

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Y Senator
not everything needs boost(que airstrike)

being a track car, p plates have nothing to do with it. chances are he wants to keep it in a certain race class, and thus is restricted to no boost, and 3ltr capacity.
Maybe the case..

Everybody has a different opinion which is why there is so much variety in racing.

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
I know what you mean, alot of people say it, ALOT !! haha Turbo is the way, but id rather make power without turbo. i mean it would beat a fairly stock r33 gts-t lol... it ran 14 second flat 1/4 before in a heavier R31. im yet to take it to the strip. probably wont till i get a new gearbox in it. im hoping for high 13's. its currently getting VCT sorted out as i dont think its working so might make more power. last Dyno grahp i had it make 149rwkw on hub dyno so its back, with 3" straight pipe, (no cat or muffler) improved air intake and VCT if not working...working. so im hoping for 160+ RWKW which is around 225kw at the engine.... seems pretty good haha, if i turbo it i can only run like 6 psi boost MAYBE which defeats the purpose... rather keep it interesting N/A. and probably the only twincam N/A VL....

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
RE-Dynoed, Changing VCT settings made 155rwkw so around 220engine kw....

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute

As stated for race purposes with a standard t28 you won't be competitive at all, as in most comps boost adds a 1.6 multiplier to the capacity - which means running against either V8's or big $$ boost builds. I'm planning on doing something very similar to this to stay in the 2,000-3,000cc capacity race class in a VL.