Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL commodore deep dish wheel

Johnny VL turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Hi guys looking for some help..
I have a 1986 VL commodore, iv had the diff shortened 25mm each side. Can someone tell how much of a deep dish wheel I can get on the back? Iv been messed around already by a wheel place saying I only can have 75mm dish on my Simmons wheels? He sold me the wheels and now iv had to add on a 25mm spacer on them!!!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Not 100% but basically those fr-1 simmons 9.5 rims with good size tyre...stock diff rim fits but need crappy small tyre.

Either sold you wheels for stock duff width or measured car up wrong.

There are apps can use whatever wheel spec you have then change size or offsets to what may work but still good idea to measure on car.

Recently got vl diff shortened 25mm each side as didn't like wheel options & not being able to lower car nicely with 255/60/15 on vk commo.

Johnny VL turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Not 100% but basically those fr-1 simmons 9.5 rims with good size tyre...stock diff rim fits but need crappy small tyre.

Either sold you wheels for stock duff width or measured car up wrong.

There are apps can use whatever wheel spec you have then change size or offsets to what may work but still good idea to measure on car.

Recently got vl diff shortened 25mm each side as didn't like wheel options & not being able to lower car nicely with 255/60/15 on vk commo.
Thanks mate for your help, yeah I think he’s sold me wheels for stock diff after I told him it’s 25mm shorter now stuck with a spacer.
Il look into this app you’ve suggested.

Thanks again

Richzx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl
Where is it hitting though? I think the lower control arm is part of the problem as there's a lip on the outside and it starts to hit there first.