Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl commodore

Old VL 56

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL
Hey guys, I have just bought a 5 speed vl, sl, n/a was sitting around for a fair while has run in about 12 months, had a blown head gasket which I have since replaced, im having alot of trouble getting it to start, cranks fine but won't fire, has new plugs leads, ignition coil, CAS, dizzy cap & rotor, and a few other things, im flat out of ideas think I many not be getting power to the CAS plug? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Checked if you are getting fuel and spark ?
Fuel may have gone stale ?
Tried start ya bastard in the intake ?
Remove a plug and rest on exhaust manifold to see if you are getting spark ?

Old VL 56

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL
No spark but have fuel at the rail, have replaced most of the spark problems CAS leads ect

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Has been well over 10 years since my last VL. I do remember there was tests that can be done on a cas with a multimeter to check supply volts and pulse. I did have one VL with a dodgy plug that is in a stupid spot on top of the dissy. Ended up removing the plug and had the terminals connected straight to the pins.

Old VL 56

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL
Might give that ago, n also get my hands on a multi meter, thanks for ur help mate.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you can get a hold of an analog multi meter you can test a bit on a VL. There is a swipe test using the MM that works with a VL computer.

LeighC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega V Commodore V6 Dual Fuel
Run a test light over the fuses, if they have power on one leg it must be also on the other. Its also worth trying another EFI relay as it powers the CAS if you have no spark, grab the horn relay, it is the same & it won't of done much work.