Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Commodores

D

damz6969

Hey guys!

Just wondering if someone could let me in on the differences between the berlina, executive, calais ect.... is there any diff in speed, or is it just comfort or what?! thanks!

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
the only diff is mainly comfort level, aint much difference between a berlina, executive, or a calais, one difference, is that some calais, and not all calais came out turbo charged. speed wise, bout the same, will be a slight difference between them, like abou 5-10kmph, that's due to extra weight in the calais and berlina compared to the executive

look for a guy here called vlturbo, he has the knowlege on vl's

cheers
garth

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
There's plenty of trim and electrical differences between the models.
They have different seats, trim, dash's, all electrical items & external additions such as two tone paint and pop out headlights.
if you want a cmplete list, i have one (for most models) that I can put up, but i gotta type it all as it's on a sheet of paper!

No mechanical differences with the VL but there was with the VK and VP.

D

damz6969

oh ok cool

so is the executive the cheap one, then berlina, then calais the comfort machine??
awesome thanks, also does anyone one know what sort of sound i can get form my 3L straight 6 (1986), or is it mainly the v8 that gives the really nice sound??

L

lil_bonk_frog

I have an '86 berlina 3ltr, and it sounds purrrrfect. I put extractors and a 2 1/2" lukey system with hotdog, sounds very nice indeed, much better then normal, and in my opinion (im probably biased) one of the nicest VL's I have heard without trubo. So you can make it sound good.

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Yep get a nice POD and a decent exhaust (free flow 2.5 inch) and it'll sound loud and mean.

But it won't rumble like a V8 or idle like a turbo