Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Diff and Brakes Help.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Hey all, i was putting in my minispool today and while taking out the axel shaft i noticed my brakes are stuffed, and then i didnt make them any better by bashing them and using them as leverage to pull out the shafts. Anyway, i thought i would look into replaceing the factory drums with discs. What will i need to fit discs onto my vl? (rotors, calipers, caliper brackets etc etc) can someone please elaborate.

btw i i have a 25spline with 3.45's - minispooled. Ive also started my vlt conversion today and interested to see how long it will take to fcuk up my diff and then my tranny which will soon have a cooler. However many people have told me that the na auto tranny can hold up and a cooler and properly maintained, but the diff ive heard mixed opioions, i might have to invest in a 28 spline but im no interested in upgrading the diff just yet.

Lastly, has it always been hard to get the shims and bearing cups back into the diff?

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Would the 28 splin axles fit in the 25 spline center with a 28 spline spool? or in other words, are the 28 spline shafts the same thickness?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
not sure abput the shafts, i'b be calling up all the wreckers around your area tryign to see if they have any calais diff's or a calais you can go and pull it out yourself, i found one at my local wreckers the other day.
i reckon if you get a good service done on the auto and run a big cooler it should be good.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Why calais diffs? they should be the same as my SL unless it was turbo or 5.0L.