Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL ****ed anyone know how to do up a whipper snipper motor?

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
my car is just about ready for scrapping so ive decided to make a bike with a whipper snipper motor on it and i wanna get mine as beefy as possible.
lucky for me i work around the corner from my house, but i couldnt be bothered pedalling up the hill.
i know a smaller wheel climbs hills better and a larger wheel goes faster.
i just wanna know of any mods you could do to a whipper snipper engine to make it fully sick.:wax:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can buy fully supplied kits on ebay mate my neighbour has one comes with all things needed for $300 ish dollars search mountainbike moped get engine exhaust chain sprokets everything has a real clutch etc

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
i was kinda hoping to not have to pay for a new engine
but i did just see one on ebay and it looked pretty good except it was 48 cc (the pigs give you **** if its over 27)
my mate builds them all the time but he moved up to newcastle he was gonna build one for me.
ill keep you posted on my progress. anymore suggestions would be helpful.
maybe when k rudd stimulates me i can get one of those kits

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
they dont have the CC rating on them so they could be anything on the inside the feds wouldnt know over here we can goto 50cc.its a moped so look up the moped laws over there in your state

redrags

Reaction score
Members Ride
walking
yeah its 27 here (nsw). my mate who makes them has been to court 3 or 4 times because of them (got off every time) i think im gonna drive it with a wheel rather than chain because im going to mount it with a hinged bracket so you can lift the motor off the wheel and pedal. the cops prefer that,

orangeshannon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commo
I'm currently doing this but on a old birtbike frame with the whipper snipper motor.

And a while back on hard rubbish i found the whipper snipper and my step dad gave me a chainsaw motor (dident work) but i took the carby off the chainsaw motor and made a Double carby on my whipper snipper but i havent tryed it yet.

so just wait till hard rubish and someone will be throwing out an old motor.

Attachments

• 100_2078.jpg
    100_2078.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 4,964
  • 100_2075.jpg
    100_2075.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3,290
  • 100_2076.jpg
    100_2076.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 5,170
  • 100_2077.jpg
    100_2077.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 2,168

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
If you can get one of the whipper snipper motors with a centrifugal clutch, it will work better. I had an old McCulloch whipper snipper i was always going to use, but it blew up on me and i bought a cheap GMC one... so when it dies, it gets turfed out. I think the law also states that the vehicle should not be capable of speeds over 30kph as well.

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS

Hunter SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS