Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl electric fan

frankyj54

Reaction score
when the car gets to a certain temp is the electric faan ment to come on?
my car cooling system has all been fixed but it seems the electric fan doesnt come on. And the heat and air con switch in the car u cant hear the fan when u turn in on.

any advice be great cheers

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
If you own a Vl, it should be running a clutch fan.

If you dont hear the fan for the aircon, you will need to see an auto elec.

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
The electric fan on the front of the radiator,i think is only for the a/c condensor and not for the temperature of the motor because this is done by the constant fan on the waterpump pully.

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
The electric fan on the front of the radiator,i think is only for the a/c condensor and not for the temperature of the motor because this is done by the constant fan on the waterpump pully.

The electric fan on the front of the radiator for the a/c condensor will only come on when the Pressure in the A/C gets high and then that's not going to be often..:thumbsup:

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
if the cooling system isnt working properly in summer, the air cond compressor will top after a few minutes as it senses high too pressure in the air cond system and this cuts off the compressor as a safety thing
the common cause is failure of the clutch on the main fan, the electrical fan cant make up for this failure, assuming it fails so the main fan just idles