Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Executive/SL jack, handle & wheel brace - where are they?

LOR-411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Hi guys, just wondering what was in the boot and where on VLs when new. Where are the jack, jack handle and wheel brace located and does anyone have any pics they can post. Trying to keep my VL as stock and original as possible. Thanks, Bruce.

NewVLT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL SL Turbo, VL Exec Turbo & Calais Turbo Wagons
It may be in the handbook, but if you also check the jacking sticker on the inside of the bootlid it will show the correct way to wrap the fabric part of the spare tyre strap around the jack body, with the handle slipped inside the tube and the base mounted on the end between the spare tyre and back panel.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
F..k the VL jacks, grab one from a later model commodore. Can't stand em'

stotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 1988
Hi guys,
Previous owner either lost or chucked the nylon/material part of the spare wheel tie down and I can’t get a road worthy with the spare unsecured.
Looking to make or find a replacement. Would anyone be able to snap a picture or two of how this material peice works in with the rubber strap and wheel brace/jack? I’ve heard there’s a loop the wheel brace fits through ?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I recall the set up but I know it was a stretch strap going over the top of the wheel with the cloth section at the floor and the jack was simply under the strap against the wheel and the wheel brace was against the jack.
I think the original wheel brace was hooked into the jack but I had a 4 way brace against the jack held by the strap.
Maybe something like this https://www.bunnings.com.au/gripwell-50-x-600mm-flat-stretch-bungee-strap_p4310630

stotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 1988
I recall the set up but I know it was a stretch strap going over the top of the wheel with the cloth section at the floor and the jack was simply under the strap against the wheel and the wheel brace was against the jack.
I think the original wheel brace was hooked into the jack but I had a 4 way brace against the jack held by the strap.
Maybe something like this https://www.bunnings.com.au/gripwell-50-x-600mm-flat-stretch-bungee-strap_p4310630

That looks like it might do the trick, cheers !

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
I have a jack ect I post some pics how its set up