Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL, Holden or Nissan???

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
this give u an idea of wot thay look like from over seas an how thay have changed once build here so there is a pretty big diff i would say, as to inside,outside an that.? that last pic's the green one is in the UK there all diff models but u can c wot there based off, but im tryn to get is the 1st too pic's are a 95 model over seas but doesnt it look like a vt?

Last edited:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Stewart1000 said:
did you guys know that the non turbo motor in the calibra's was the same one as in a SAAB, both are GM.

Exactly my point. A lot of the engines are now developed/built by GM Powertrain which is a combined effort of Vauxhall,opel,saab,fiat. The diesel engines used in the UK spec Vectra are available in Alfas and Saabs, also right through to the Fiat Ducato van.

And I think I said before that the Saab 9-3 uses the same 2.8 V6 turbo as the Vectra VXR.

The Barina and Viva are still thought of as Holdens by most people even though they are basically 4 year old Daewoo designs!!!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Shortstuff said:
The Barina and Viva are still thought of as Holdens by most people even though they are basically 4 year old Daewoo designs!!!
yah and a quality car it is too, ppl knock korean cars as throw away, and when they change a badge on the front to holden they think it is going to survive and not be a prob, but in real fact it is a daewoo, just a diffrent chrome object on teh front,
my mum owns a daewoo laccetti (holden viva, 4 door sedan) and its great it only cost use 14 grand with 5000kms on it from holden/daewoo (demo car) with all the optional extras that holden has on the viva

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i talked a lady out of buying a viva and into buying a ford focus.