Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL hoses / major fuel leaks

Jerafin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Hey there.
My VL was leaking fuel from the injectors, hoses and fuel pump.. And kept stalling. The last time I had it running it stalled every time I tried to accelerate. I pulled it apart to do injectors, and realized all the hoses are still original (they're all cracked) I know it's a big job but id like to change to all new hoses (for the fuel system at the very least).
Is there a bulk hose pack I could buy specifically for vls? How do I go about this? Has anyone else done this and how did it go? Will this fix my problem or could it be something bigger than just no fuel pressure? Will I need a new fuel pump? Any info would be appreciated.
It's a VL executive 1997, non turbo, auto.
I clamped the return line for the fuel and it drove perfectly. (Except for the major leaks down near the pump hose)
Cheers in advance
-Jess

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Get yourself some high pressure fuel hose and clamps from repco. $30 a metre from memory. Probably only need 2 metres to be safe. I redid all mine from the pump to injectors coz it was having fuel problems constantly. While your at it get a new fuel pump, fuel reg, fuel filter and injector o-rings. Sh#t of a job but well worth it in the end. Hope this helps a bit