Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl interior light wont turn off

harry1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 vl sl
i have a 1987 vl sl and when i bought the car the interior light didn't have a bulb in it so i had bought one today but when i put the bulb in the light won't turn off at all...is there some sort of switch or something? any info would be great cheers.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
yeah the earth swith at the doors man.. u may need to go over them and check which one is not unearthing properly.. i had this problem and was easily rectified

or the switch which is on the dash dimmer on the right hand side of the steering wheel. check its not all the way up

harry1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 vl sl
turns out it was the dimmer being all the way up. cheers for the help was much appreciated :)

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
yeah the earth swith at the doors man.. u may need to go over them and check which one is not unearthing properly.. i had this problem and was easily rectified

or the switch which is on the dash dimmer on the right hand side of the steering wheel. check its not all the way up

2nd everything he said but in the other order, it may be the dash light dimmer slide switch on the right, then your door switches.
Don't you love it when it is that easy!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Haha I came here ready to say "Check the door earth" but of course I was too slow :( That switch got me too when I got my SL, I was like how the f-ck do I turn the light on hahaha

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
in a VL if you push the dimmer switch all the way up (until it clicks) that is the interior light switch.
in a VK you pull the headlight switch out.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Mine hasnt had a bulb in it for 5 years because of this reason. Where can i find the earth wires on the doors?