Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL mods

C

***cOdi***

Hey guys n gurls, just wanting to know if u think i should buy a turbo for my VL or buy a Full turbo Engine...?? i really dont no. also if any one has done an Auto to Manual Conversion and found any little problems... i am about to do it n need to know as much as i can...!!!!!!!! cheers:bow:

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
well you will need to cut into the body where the shifter goes, the clutch cylinder mounts up perfectly, already has the bolts, so that's easy, the clutch will be a real pain, get someone who has done one before to help you out.
Are you doing it at home with the car on stands or on a hoist? DONT DO IT WITH A JACK SUPPORTING THE CAR!
if you could get one, get a rattle gun, less time under the car straining yourself doing things up tight.
i dont reckon it would be that hard.
might wanna take the shifter out before you put the box in, it'll probably make it easier, not hard to take it out or replace.
Good Luck.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
there's already a thread on here in regards to converting the gearbox. do a search. it's probably on page 2.

also with the turbo it depends if you want a standard tubo motor or a worked one. get a series 2 engine and build it yourself, atleast then you know whats done.

damianison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Stewart1000 said:
well you will need to cut into the body where the shifter goes,
Good Luck.

Shouldnt need to cut anything. Just drill the rivets out that hold the metal surround, then if you have the manual one rivet that in. Too easy and much neater finish.