Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL noise coming from left hand side

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
me mum noticed a noise coming from her VL the other day it was a one off type of thing now the noise has returned and is getting louder the scraping noise is there on excelleration and decelleration she took it to the mechanics they only drove it into the shed said they could hear the noise coming from the left hand side they removed both left hand side wheels and checked brake pads so when she got home i put in a new small bearing in the front left wheel noise is still there i have tryed turning,pushing/pulling the wheel it all feels ok no noise or roughness what could be wrong? my sister was in the car the other day and said the moise had gone and come back when the car was turning went away and come back again in another corner i was thinking the bigger back wheel bearing could be gone and making the pads rub the disc? but there was no slop to the left wheel

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
might be worn uni joints on the driveshaft

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
thanks for the reply harry where would i find the uni joints? i checked and replaced both front inner and oughter bearings the noise is still there

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
harry3 said:
might be worn uni joints on the driveshaft

Didn't make front wheel drive VL's harry:whistling

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
worth checking since he says its there on acceleration and decelleration, a noise can be transmitted to any part of the car

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yah my cars got a wierd nosie its like a screach from the front wheels, only dose it a slow speeds thou, my old man ask the machanics about it ages ago and was told its a common problem any1 know what it is.
could be the same thing ive got

G

gordy2au

Left Noise

check ur steering rack or at least ns(left hand) inner and outer rack ends, theres ur problem.
cheers
gordy