Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Problem! Won't start..

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
(Has been fixed)
What's up guys!

Yesterday arvo i decidied to give my VL engine abit of a degrease. I only had about 1/4 left of the can left, so it was not very much of a clean, Probably around 10 secs of full spray.

Anyway i was being carefull were i sprayed the degrease and water, it was not getting on any cords or near the fuse box or anything important. Just the top of the engine near the holden logo.

Anyway after i had hosed it all down and let it dry off abit i tried to start it, It started fine but it was running a tad rough, I could feel vibrations in the steering wheel ect.. So i drove it up to were i park it. (which is about 5 meters away) and then poped the bonet, I could see the whole engine was rough because it was moving around alot. I let it run for about a minute, Then it turned itself of. I started it again and it was running rough still, so i turned it off and let it dry in the sun for about 2 hours.

When i came back after the 2 hours i tried to start her, And it wouldnt start, you can hear the fuel pump sucking in fine, it clicks through as its going to start but it just doesn't.

I have checked all the fuses and the spark plugs and there fine and free of moisture.
What can i do?

Last edited:

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Dont worry guys!
Just got her started!
:D

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Lol what was the problem? Anything? That's a wierd one lol

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
its water getting in the dizzy and over the Crank angle sensor.. As u stated once dried out boompa...

Put a plastic bag over it next time man. it would be that the rubber seal for the cup and the crank angle sensor plug are brittle and not sealing properly.

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Lol what was the problem? Anything? That's a wierd one lol

The dude below got it spot on,
a tiny bit of moisture in the dizzy.
:D

its water getting in the dizzy and over the Crank angle sensor.. As u stated once dried out boompa...

Put a plastic bag over it next time man. it would be that the rubber seal for the cup and the crank angle sensor plug are brittle and not sealing properly.

Yep, Thanks man.
Next time i will put a bag over it. Cheers!