Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl problem

justtry

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 vl rb30
cheers bro helps alot makes me think positive what about bucket seats but orginal rails also what are they like about oil leaks

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
You're allowed bucket seats as long as they can bolt straight onto the original rails. Example, my 1983 Ford Courier Ute is defective because the rails were too short to bolt straight onto some bucket seats my mate gave me from his old VK, so I had to add a few screws, but since the same seats bolt straight onto the stock VL rails, they are legal. Basically, you could put Corolla seats in your VL as long as they bolt straight onto the rails. You can always just put some nice seat covers over them so the fuzz doesn't get sniffy.

Oil leaks are frowned upon, BUT you can get away with them if oil isn't spurting everywhere when you drive.

justtry

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 vl rb30
yer the oil isnet dripping like a waterfall its a really slow drip beautiful thanks alot for the advise ill keep use posted thanks again 87rb30vl cheers bros ill update a little later on my status

VLCW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 308 calais wagon, VR Ute
Gday, had a few vls, what is listed above is common, crank angle, fuel pumps, ignition modules etc, another thing that makes them stutter at about 4krpm (if auto) is the overdrive when there stuffed, does it stutter with the power switch on? (ie overdrive is off)

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I hate overdrive, most useless piece of crap in a car. My button went on my S13 so when I got to a certain speed I had to hold the button down otherwise my engine would cry

VLCW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL 308 calais wagon, VR Ute
in that case why dont you pull up the surround around the gear lever and join the wires together, ie take
switch out of the circut.