Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL problems help

rikka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
I have a VL auto 6cyl and since iv had it sometimes it won't start in park so I have to put it in neutral which it always starts in but yesterday reverse stopped working. I put it in reverse and it was just revving out my partner got out and pushed it back and it kicked in now its just revving out again. Also the same day the car has lost power when I put the pedal to the floor it slowly picks up speed but before yesterday if I put my foot to the floor it would pick up speed really fast. Just wondering if any one else has had this problem and if its the gear box or the computer playing up ??

Tree cutter

Tree cutter
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais SuperchargedV6
It could be low on trans fluid causing it to not go in reverse and lose power in drive.

rikka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Just checked the trans fluid and its full..... Does any one know of any other forums like this that I could post in to get more opinions

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just checked the trans fluid and its full..... Does any one know of any other forums like this that I could post in to get more opinions
Wait...so you come here looking for advice, and then ask us to steer you somewhere else? Ok then....

Google

rikka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Well yes as you can see not getting much advice and thought there may be more forums like this that might be useful is that so bad? And unless you have some advice that might be able to help me out why bother commenting?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

How did you check it? Running motor? Go through the gears with it running? If not, run the motor, go through every gear indidually and then check the fluid level whilst the motor is still idling....then report back, either through this forum or google

rikka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Checked when it was off first time. Just went and checked with it running and it does read low for every gear when the cars running but when its off it reads full?

morphiousvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8
book says,
get car up to normal operating temperature,
shift through all positions then place in "P"
switch off engine and check fluid within 10seconds of engine switch off
if required add fluid til "F" mark
do not overfill

rikka

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Ok I'll do that and top it up if it reads low and hopefully it will be fixed thankyou.