Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl project :-P

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
img_2477-jpg.92941

I wonder how the vl lasted 10 years later does ash23 still have or did he drive the guts out of it like most of us did to our first 5 cars?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
did he drive the guts out of it like most of us did to our first 5 cars?
All my cars were ready for the wrecker after l had finished with them.
I've only had one other Commodore (2003?), a vk vactioner wagon black 6 cylinder with a 4 speed manual.
Back in the early days (for me late 1970s - 1980s) you could pick up a car for $100.00 or less. Spend a couple of hundred on it (or less), & have a road worthy car.(memories lol :rolleyes:).
This one l've had 8 years this year in September. Hope it makes it, & a lot more years out of it:D

Last edited:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
All my cars were ready for the wrecker after l had finished with them.
I've only had one other Commodore (2003?), a vk vactioner wagon black 6 cylinder with a 4 speed manual.
Back in the early days (for me late 1970s - 1980s) you could pick up a car for $100.00 or less. Spend a couple of hundred on it (or less), & have a road worthy car.(memories lol :rolleyes:).
pretty much the same I can't say Ive ever sold a car I've driven for years with a roadworthy or for more than 10% of what i payed for it most of them I took the good parts off and called the car removal. In the early ninety's plenty of old blokes gave us parts they had sitting in there sheds for cars they no longer had.
current car 5 years uses too much fuel I need a different daily.
Since the ole thread got dragged up I wondered if the car still existed? Being Australian I bet it doesn't .:):D I like VL's