Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL rb30 block to rb20 gearbox

Slipinit_sideways

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl 3l wagon
Wanting to know if a rb30 motor bolts straight up to an rb20 manual box. The 3l is coming out of an auto which i killed a honda with haha. Is probably a peice of piss but just wanting to make sure.
Cheers for any infomation..

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
if u look down 5 threads u will find this thread
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=42509
talking about boxes and to get them fitted u basically need the right bell house and all the pedal boxe and cables etc, just do a search and look, i think Bigdaz asked what is need exactly for it and all the parts were listed

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i've got a rb20 box for mine. although mine came out of a vl. if you need a slave cylinder you may have to get one from japan otherwise the rb30 slave cylinder kit should fix one up if you have a cylinder already. you can't use a rb30 slave cylinder though as it mounts differently, or so i've been told by nissan. you'll have to change your flywheel to a manual one, don't get a turbo one though.

Slipinit_sideways

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl 3l wagon
Just to clear it up if i pull the 3l auto of the bent wagon change the flywheel over from the 2l motor out of the other car and slot the 3l back in it will marry up to the 2l box.
Sorry to make things a bit difficult but just wana be sure cheers for the help. This site has helped heaps already

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
it should do. i think you need a bellhousing off a 3l manual though.

coastvl

Member from the dead!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE six
I have a Skyline RB20 box in my VL rb30. The bellhousing is the same and will bolt up. You have to use a VL slave in a VL and they bolt up no probs. Don't forget to change the spigot bearing over as well. The manual shaft is smaller than the auto spigot is the wrong size. If you don't change it, you'll stuff your manual box in about six months from memory :bang: