Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl roof lining advice

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
So my Vl is currently at the panel beaters, he recommended a auto trimmer to install a new roof lining, now I pulled an original roof lining out of a exec wreck I had and asked the trimmer to install the roof lining I supplied into my other VL however he stated that he's had to many issues reinstalling old roof lining and he recommends installing a brand new one which he will make and install...
I agreed with him and explained I want it exactly as the one I gave him as per original.
Now I made the mistake of leaving the money with the panel beater who paid the trimmer once he installed the lining.
Now I've gone there today and had a look and the material used is completely different to the one I supplied, and of course he's are addy been paid!
So I rang him up and explained the situation and he basically said that the material he used is as close as possible which I do not believe, surely it's not that hard to find a similar material, the least he could of done was explained this to me first before going ahead with the install... I then asked for the original roof lining I gave so we could pull his one out and install the original one I gave him, his response was he had to cut it up to make the pattern for the new one...
By this stage I was pretty pissed off so I told him id call him back tomorrow to sort it out...

Sorry for the long write up but does anyone have any advice for me...
Unsure what to do or say! I can't see me getting my money back from him...

magnetvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 381pack
Don't Wana sound like ya dad but NEVER pay for a job till it's complete.
And y would he cut up the one u supplied to make another which is different material. Doesn't make sense. He's pissin in your pocket.
I doubt you'll get any money back for the one he installed but...
Tell him u want to b reimbursed for the one u supplied.

Good luck
Mick

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Yeah I definently stuffed up! Will call him this arvo!