Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL - Screwed into fuel lines???

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hi everyone. Today i was mounting my sub n amp in my vl and as i was screwing a screw on the floor of the boot just above the fuel tank, i heard a sound of like air leaking out from underneath the screw. I undid the two rear bolts on the fuel tanks backets and dropped one side and had a look but i cant find any noticable holes in the lines going to the fuel tank. The car still starts and drives ok but hesitates to rev in neutral. What hose could of leaked air for a few seconds? no fuel is leaking...

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
vacum return? youll have to drop the tank down far enough to check the top of the tank and ALL hoses near the top AND FRONT

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Screw the screw back in and pretend nothing happened lol

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
You no doubt punctured the tank and the air u heard was probably the release of pressure from within the tank....

Dont think there would be any vac lines near the tank lol, just a supply, return & vent

Paul_grima

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VT Exec
Thanks for the reply's, If i have punctured the tank should i replace it straight away or is it ok? what should i do about the 'vacuum return' line?

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
there are 3 fuel vapour lines on the top of the tank towards the centre it could have been one of them, if it was the tank you should repair or replace it because the fuel system is pressurised or by the sounds of your description WAS pressurised.

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
if you screwed into the boot floor it is hard to miss the fuel tank. likely you have hit the tank itself. Any pics of what you have done?

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
the vapor lines are usually broken and rotted due to use of cheap nasty plastic, so I wonder about pressure in tank
its quite a job getting the tank out