Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL SL, 5 Speed.. Turboing as we speak :D

damankerrison09

Blue 87 VL
Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VL SL
Hey guys, This is my 87 5 speed VL
Talk ya through the build
OK so i started with a VL 5 speed i bought of my mate, came with stage 2 chip (bloody fake piece of **** that was) 2.5" Lukey extractos, with a full 2.5" Lukey system with straight through mufflers and thats about it...

After i bought it i chucked out the old N/A MF5 gearbox and replaced it with a fully recondition MX7 Turbo box, Heavy duty EXTREME clutch, 10mm leads, New plugs, CAI (K&N Pod plumbed under the guard) Hybrid 25/28 spline LSD, New wheel bearings and brakes, 17" VX SS Mags.. And thats pretty much it
Last week or so i started to turbo it, Ive already put in my new stage 2 cam, turbo injectors, turbo computer, made up and installed all turbo oil and cooling lines, Intercooler and im doing the piping in the next few days, just waiting for my exhaust manifold to get back from the machine shop to make the studs fit, then just gotta bolt up the turbo and get my exhaust made by a mate next week and i should be ready for Gazzanats 09!

Tell me what ya think,

Cheers (PS Burnout was on private property so don't Whinge)

Attachments

• SDC10661 (Small).JPG
    SDC10661 (Small).JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 757
  • SDC10693.JPG EDIT (Small).jpg
    SDC10693.JPG EDIT (Small).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 517
  • SDC10663 (Small).JPG
    SDC10663 (Small).JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 478
  • SDC10692 (Small).JPG
    SDC10692 (Small).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 544

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Not bad at all mate.

The badge on the boot is the WORST badge i have ever seen! Car would look a million times better without it!!