Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL SL Turbo

D1STRBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV2R
Name: Shaun
Model: 1986 VL BT1
Colour: White
Engine Type: RB30ET
Engine Mods: Forged bottom end, not 100% sure on whats in the motor, GT35/40 Turbo, Rajab Racing Intake plenum and TB, Some sort of intercooler, Link G4 ecu
Power: Needs a tune
Exhaust: Not sure
Gearbox: 3 Speed Auto fully manualised with a 3500rpm stall
Diff: Not sure
Brakes: VT front with drilled and slotted rotors
Suspension: Way to high springs, everything else looks new swaybars etc
Wheels/Tyres: 18" VZ SSZ rims
Interior: Standard
Stereo: Nothing
Build Period: Just Started
Future Mods: sports steering wheel, Eboost2, tune, B & M Shifter, Lower it a bit, bigger injectors, e85, tune, run 10s, rollcage, skids

So i bought this car how it is, just needs the fuel regulator changed and a retune and it should be running well. Also just bought a calais front cheap as today and the bloke i bought it from is painting it for me. Have some SL rear springs to go in and some unknown height pedders for the front. Momo steering wheel also waiting to go in just need a boss kit anyway heres some shitty pics as the cars out of rego so cant take it anywhere nice lol

These pictures made me laugh, stupid cat

calais front stuff
628fa9bae5ddcdb8fd38618937d8cfbe_zps41bde839.jpg

44a9840f277e5cd5a2ec159fa50fcc5b_zps00786ab1.jpg

D1STRBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV2R
Thanks man, not really after mocking it up as a calais, just much prefer the front end, i may eventually paint the bars and bottom half of the doors but purely just to clean it up. Have sourced an Eboost2 that i should have end of this week or early next so getting pretty keen to get things going

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Agree i like the Calais front end too nice pick up bro.

ievaq8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 MAN SS UTE
very nice, really liking the engine bay apart from blue silicone on throttle body...

D1STRBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV2R
I plan to change all that stuff to black to go with the rest, just only really got motivated to start doing stuff to the car recently lol

D1STRBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV2R
so i bought the shifter should be here next week at some stage, also bought an eboost2 and today i installed the calais front, love it