Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL speedo using VN T5 tranny and tacho

Discussion in 'VL Holden Commodore (1986 - 1988)' started by VN_SS_CM, Aug 4, 2018.

1. VN_SS_CM

VN_SS_CM Member

Members Ride:
    VN SS
    Hello Guys

Converted my VL to a VN 5L and T5 tranny what have people done to get the speedo working and tacho working with the 5L cheers

2. delcowizzid

delcowizzid on holiday

Members Ride:
    в∞ѕтεכ √&
    Run a cable drive instead of the vss on the gearbox then use the 2pulse output from the vl Speedo unit to feed the ecu the speed signal just like it did on rb30.the rev counter will need a resistor change to get the correct reading for 8 cylinders

3. VN_SS_CM

VN_SS_CM Member

Members Ride:
    VN SS
    Thanks. Would I need this to change anything in settings in the memcal? Another I've come across is the green and white stripe wire fuel a1 fuel pump relay control doesn't output any signal. When you turn the key it doesn't self prime.

4. delcowizzid

delcowizzid on holiday

Members Ride:
    в∞ѕтεכ √&
    If the Speedo reads correct with the current speedo gears in the t5 it might not need any changes if anything it will only be a change to the pulses per 100km in the ecu easy change to make .fuel pump wire A1 from eco is 12v output its the only output that is positive out all the rest are earth triggers.as long as you have the 2 main 12v constants on pins c16 and b1 and 12v switched ignition on pin A6 and all the earths it should prime the A1 pin for a second or 2 when you power a6 if you turn a6 off and on again without waiting with it off it won't reprime