Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL SS Group A SV Experimental Build Help

Wedgeman

Reaction score
Website
www.tvrwhiteelephant.co.uk
Members Ride
TVR prototype with VL SS Group A SV
Hi there - I am based in the UK and have a one-off TVR with a rare, experimental build VL 5.0 SS Group A SV V8 engine in it. The only TVR ever to be fitted with a Holden! The engine was sent over for TVR to try by the Holden Engine Company at the end of 1987. The car was used by TVR's Managing Director for 18 months and then pretty much left at the back of the Factory to rot when he took delivery of his next car.

I bought the car off him as a basket case with a tree growing out of the boot and mice nesting in it just before he retired. I took lots of years restoring it, including a full rebuild of the engine which has now been balanced and the ports polished. I think it must have been reasonably developed before it came over to England as it produces around 380lb ft of torque with 440bhp. You can see more details of the car here: www.tvrwhiteelephant.co.uk

The question I have is, when I am screaming round tight corners at speed the engine gets short of oil, so can you get a baffled sump pan and dipstick to fit my block which would cure the problem?

tvr-white-elephant-mark-robinson-photoshoot-1.jpg

tvr-white-elephant-engine-ric-wood-dyno-1.jpg

tvr-white-elephant-block-1.jpg

All help would be very gratefully accepted!

Many thanks

Cheers - Howard

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
so your TVR Porsche 994 has a Holden 5L?? pretty random but im pretty sure you'll be able to find a baffled sump for it if you look in Australia under 5L Holden V8

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Or a dry sump setup.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Wow - ummm wasn't expecting that. Looks like a porsche 924 with a different front/tail lights but anyway.... There are any number of aftermarket Holden V8 pans about. Start with Highenergy or ASR:  Australian Specialty Racecraft - Home