Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL stalling and backfiring on cold start

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
I got them back....it wasnt the CAS i swapped whole dizzy and put a new pllug, didnt do anything so im going to change injectors and throttle body over...

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Keep us posted

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
ok its giving me the shits now, im going to get my injectors and throttle body swapped over depending how much its going to cost. ill see how i go next week

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Have you checked the cold start valve on the front of the motor? You should be able to see through it, if you cant, then it's stuffed.

vl_2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL berlina
ill have to check that, i took the whole throttle body and sensor off my other vl (working) and cleaned the throttle body...when its warm there was noticable difference but its still the same on cold starts. havent done injectors yet thats going to be next.

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
I had the same issue with my r31 skyline. It turned out to be the Air Regulator was shut.

Air Regulator - R31info

I dont know if vl's have them but, undo the small nut in the picture, put a screwdriver in the air regulator and pull the nut towards the front of the car, then tighten it up. Hope it makes sense.

Fixed my issues.

VLVSBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina and one R31 skyline and one written off
THREAD DIG: Im having the exact same problem at the moment. Cleaned Air Reg, AAC valve and changed AFM. Going to clean them vetter soon and gope for the best! By the way, it's on a R31 skyline RB30. Thanks guys

Last edited: