Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Turbo advice

Glenn Roberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commodore
Hi Gents, I just bought my 1st ever project car and need advice. RB30 VL Turbo with a little work done to it. I want to get the running gear right before I take it to Maatouks for the engine. The previous owner advised me to put an LSD and Rear Discs in to make it perform, as it's stock now. Where, what, how do I get this. VT Commo Rear End? I'm in Sydney

Attachments

• image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    611 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by a moderator:

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
VB-VS rear std disc-brake set up will be ok (IMO you don't need to upgrade to a VT rear caliper & rotor). Many owners have upgraded their braking systems to the VT twin spot front calipers, VS plastic booster/VT fast-fill master cylinder package (new front hubs are required to mount the new rotors). Add stainless steel hoses, good quality brake fluid & pads and you will have a car that will stop like any modern day car. It's all bolt on, either find the stuff yourself or buy an upgrade package as a kit (try eBay). There is lots of info on this site regarding this upgrade!!!

Change out the axles to a new pair of billet steel 28/31 spline & get yourself a good LSD centre Ie: True-trac or the likes. Have a think about your rear axle ratio, as now is the time to change that if its not going to suit your power curve or your driving style i.e. drags, skids, circuit or daily driver.

IMG_0171.JPG
fullsizeoutput_1175.jpeg

Glenn Roberts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commodore
Thanks Lacks - Brilliant response and thank you so much.
Next is the BOV. I have searched everywhere and can't find a Blow Off Valve. It's running an 'EBOOST2 Boost controller with 10,15 & 20 PSI. Will I notice a dramatic difference in sound if I install a BOV? Where should I mount it? Whats best to get?