Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL turbo conversion

blownbt1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl turbo
1 of my mates got 201rwkw 13psi major hi-flow t3 2 1/2 inch exhaust standard computer and injectors na manual gearbox with a crushed standard reg to up the fuel pressure he maxed everything out and had another mate of mine with 196rwkw same set up but with a t4 turbo both converted na to turbo and thrashed every day

tubular2

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl berlina
hey blownbt1 what does crushed reg to up fuel pressure mean? cheers

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
If the engines currently in good running order ,just slap the turbo on and dont run stupid amounts of boost..Put a big cooler on it to help prevent pinging,run 98 octane fuel and nock your timing back to 10 degrees BTDC.I know people who have thrown turbo's on 400,000km n/a engines and run 15psi all day every day without a drama for a years..

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
no comment. wrong thread.

Last edited:

govlgo

cant kill n/a motor
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl rb30et
my stock vl has been running 10psi off a n/a block with a td05 turbo cant kill it!!! shes a beast turbo for about a year now wont die!!! standerd everything just with a turbo bolted to the side of a n/a rb30e block. made a massive upgrade in power.

govlgo

cant kill n/a motor
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl rb30et
take one for the team weld the wast gate closed and tell us how much psi she took before it poohed its self haha