Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl turbo help

K

kaptan7

1st thing is to say,g'day!!new to here and already have learnt alot,thanks guys.ok now some questions.i have rb30et with a bleed valve.about halfway down the bleedvalve there is a little hole in the side,should that hole create vacuum?eg,i can pour detergent on it and it is sucked into the hole?next one is why would sump oil come out my bov?when i had it fitted it didnt work for ages,i took it back and the mechanics took one of the hoses off the fuel canister and put a ball bearing in,does this sound right?thankyou!!:bow:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
is the car burning oil?

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you may have a crack in the turbo housing!? i'm no expert though.

also where is the bleed screw you're talking about?

K

kaptan7

it is a turbosmart item and it is about halfway from the top(where the round handle thingy is) to the bottom.possably where the grubscrew is.is there such a thing as a worn out bleed valve,it is pretty old.could not idling the car after a drive crack the turbo housing?thankyou.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
not letting the car idle down can stuff the whole turbo.

K

kaptan7

well there you go then,the mechanic who rebuilt my motor and turbo 18 months ago,for 7grand mind you,said if you are just driving round normally ,you can turn it straight off .but if you have just raced flat chat up the great dividing range,then let it idle for a couple of minutes.okey dokey,i guess the next question is does anyone know and trust a mechanic in brisbane,i would like to take it to somebody different.thanks for your help as well.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
if you spent 7g why didn't you spend an extra couple of hundred on a turbo timer?

K

kaptan7

because i was told by the person that it was not needed and as i dont live in toowoomba,i trusted him.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
How much oil is coming out of the bov because if it isnt alot it is just blowby, nothing to be overly worried about.