Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

~vl turbo owners~

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
Aite guys i got my car sitting in shed collecting dust waiting for the intercooler to get here. Currently have turbo bolted on and water and oil lines fitten to block. I got basically nothing to do untill i get my cooler except for pluming in the t piece to the heater hose and finding a rubber hose to connect oil drain up.

*where did you get the hose to connect oil drain? Ive been to autobarn and the biggest hose they have is 12mm i roughly need 15mm
*I need a photo of where the heater hose is located. In pics ive seen on calaisturbo his setup is different to mine and i dont have much light in my garage to sus **** out.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
i went to pirtek and got 3/4 inch hose for oil drain. its basically like an hydroulic oil hose strong durable and its blue $12 for a piece @ 400 long to suit my setup with highmount

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Aite will sus it out tomoz. Will try repco first as its only down the road. Cant believe the trouble i had trying to find copper washers for the banjo bolts.... Went to autobarn, repco, autopro, hardware stores, engineer work shops... Nobody had them except for autobarn what sold them in multipacks at 8 dollars each :eek:

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Had a look a bit earlier. Cant see much, too dark in the garage. There is 2 hoses next to each otherwhat go into the firewall on the inlet manifold side of the motor. Does it matter what hose i plumb into?

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
bump. oil drain done. Only thing left is plumb t piece in heater hose. The two hoses what go into the firewall on the intake manifold side. Does it matter which hose i plumb into?

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
its just a loop through the heater core and back out
Go the LEFT(looking at engine) hose of the 2 at the firewall closest to overflow bottle and booster etc