Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL turbo Vs. XR6 turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YOOT

I have to commend you guys, most of you appear to be adults with responsibility in mind with regards to your VLs. I;m sure most of you are not the stereo type. I am impressed with the amount of resplies and how reasonable they have been (despite the usual few).

My home forums suffer from a big problem of teenagers who join and post total trash and end up getting good threads locked. I came here to set a few facts straight and came in mind that I was going to be barraged by teenagers and their 'ideal' facts that would try and shoot me down.

Fortunately that hasn't happened, I have gained some respect for the VL enthusiest!

Brenno85au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
shut it you bloody ford driver!!!! :D

U

UNR8D

:bang: at some of the posts i have read here WTF??

ok firstly a VN with minor mods wont beat a N/A xr6 let alone a XRT, 16.4 sec compared to 14.3-14.5sec 1/4 times even with mods on a vn ur lucky to see 15.7, and we are compareing STOCK TO STOCK not MODIFIED AND STOCK. :bop:

the launch in the V6's feels quick only because of the shorter first gear ratio in the gear box, ie you get 60 out of first i get 95-98 out of first, hell a std VN will get me to like 60kmh then they hit 2nd and its BYE BYE.. so just because it takes off hard dosent mean it travels the qtr mine in some bullshit time because 'oh moit my engine is a freak', go to the qtr and try it garanteed your stocko wont pull more than a 16.2/16.3.

in stock vs stock the BA XRT will hammer the VL turbo, if your talking modified for either then the sky is the limit really..... :b:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
YOOT said:
I can't help thinking that the VL Turbo was a car by chance, and that point was proven when the engine source dried up and the car dissappeared. One hit wonder.

Who knows, maybe the XR6 T will suffer the same fate? (Hopefully not).

ive always wondered about that... only one turbo from factory in teh line and it is such a good car, obviousely as nearly 20 years on its still being compared to something so new. were vlt's as hot when they came out or is it cos people can get onto a easily modified turbo pretty cheap now?

R

rotor

I think they were that good from the factory, mainly becuase of the nissan engine, I have always loved the vlt calais and always will, think that is an awesome car.

chris

F

FULLY SHICK RE

YOOT said:
I have to commend you guys, most of you appear to be adults with responsibility in mind with regards to your VLs. I;m sure most of you are not the stereo type. I am impressed with the amount of resplies and how reasonable they have been (despite the usual few).

My home forums suffer from a big problem of teenagers who join and post total trash and end up getting good threads locked. I came here to set a few facts straight and came in mind that I was going to be barraged by teenagers and their 'ideal' facts that would try and shoot me down.

Fortunately that hasn't happened, I have gained some respect for the VL enthusiest!
Thanks BROS maybe i can give you a ride in my 10 sec spooler one day re :hit:

U

UNR8D

FULLY SHICK RE said:
Give it up bro these guys are fully shick.They know there stuff. :b:

you cant be serious with your posts can you :bang: :bang: did you lean how to construct a sentance at school let alone drive a VL with a supposed 10 second spool, yup its really driveable isnt it :confused:

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
apperently ford are derating ba/turbo with out the owners knowlege the owners who bought the fords are understandable (pissed)

Attachments

• (Funny)-BurningMan.gif
    (Funny)-BurningMan.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 25,381
A

AUIII

burnz said:
apperently ford are derating ba/turbo with out the owners knowlege the owners who bought the fords are understandable (pissed)

The turbo's are over boosting, so ford are detuning them. I'm interested to see by detuning them how many of the 240kw's does the car start to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.