Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl turbo won't rev past 4000-4500rpm

Twitcha007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl SL turbo
Hey guys ive got a problem with my vl turbo , it doesn't seem to won't to rev out past 4500rpm in any gear. Ive replaced spark plugs with bcpr7es with 0.8 gap, changed fuel pump to brand new genuine bosch 044, changed fuel filter, replaced coil with a ice 4100. Nothing seems to work , car runs fine other then the fact it won't rev out past 4500rpm..has a microtech lt8s ecu. Was doing the same thing before I replaced anything I listed. Any1 possibly have a idea what it could be, before I take it to be retuned . cheers

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
I'm guessing that the rev limit may be set @ 4500RPM??? Unless it has a 2 step switch that is active?????

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
On one of mine many years ago I had a problem with either the crank angle sensor or the cam angle sensor which caused some drama like you describe, can't remember which sensor though.

Twitcha007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl SL turbo
It revs good when not under load , underload revs fine until 4500rpm and just hits a brick wall sort of thing, throws you forward ...it does have a rev limiter on the microtech but its set at 6000rpm I've checked that a few times...I was thinking that CAS but pulled dizzy cap etc off the other day and its clean , no red dust from bearing etc. And it only does it at 4000rpm to 4500rpm dependent on how I use the throttle

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I’d remove the limiter and see what happens. Does it feel like a limiter? Feels like it pulls well up to exactly 4500?

Twitcha007

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl SL turbo
Yeah pulls great on 20psi until it just stops pulling , but yes it sort of does feel like a rev limiter but its set at 6000rpm , its not getting close to that at all...I'll try turning it up to 7000rpm and see what happens...

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
HT leads breaking down???