Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL V8 commodore not pumping fuel

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Thought I better start my own thread.

Anyway Ive replaced both pumps, external and internal, but I cant get the intank to pump the fuel to the outside pump, the kit had two filters, a larger one for the V8 and a smaller one for the 6, mines an 8 so I used the larger one, but the one I took out was alot thinner then this one, dont know if that makes a difference or not, anyway I pulled it back out and stuck it in a bucket of fuel, the filter and half the pump was in the fuel, but it still wasnt pumping any fuel through the pump, so is the pump faulty or am I just doing something wrong,

Please like to sort this out quickly, my wifes getting sick of me smelling like fuel every day. so any help at all would be appreciated

Reaction score
Members Ride
00' WH Stato LS1 A4
Rip it out and put a multimeter on the pump terminals/wire and see if it has power?

Could be a blown fuel pump fuse even, or bad wiring or a relay

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
Rip it out and put a multimeter on the pump terminals/wire and see if it has power?

Could be a blown fuel pump fuse even, or bad wiring or a relay

Sorry forgot to mention, I can hear the pump working, just isnt any fuel pumping through it

Arrowroot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL group A Brock
All fixed, internal was a faulty connector, the external pump had the negative and positive oposite sides, so when fitted to the car it was running in reverse, so I had to change the connectors so they would fit to the new pump, stuffed if I know why that was the case.