Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl vers vn not quiet sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohn

VN28CN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais Turbo
It would be interesting race, depends on how your friend drives, clutch and gearshift wise. the vl doesnt have as much touqe but has more power. and manuals have less power loss through the driveline then an auto has.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
It's easy, If the VL ain't blowing PSI it's got no chance stock on stock:D
Should be a couple of car lengths comfortability.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
1991_Vn2nV said:
You obviously aint been in many VL's :p

You'll rape his VL mate. Off line too. The VL's dont get movin til they hit 30km/h on the speedo... With the exhaust on his VL it will be much closer top end but you will still pull away from him even then...

QUOTE]

i bin in plenty of vl's mate. He's talkin manual vs auto so if his mates knows how to drive he will most probably get the jump then get thrashed. most 150-200k auto gearboxes r sludgeboxes

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
vks said:
hey all , just a quick question my mate has got a vl executive 3 litre with a full sports exhaust and a 5 speed manual, just wonderin if my standard vn series 1 auto would be up 2 the task of winnen a drag against it. any comments would be much appreciated

A manual VL with an exhaust will run 16.5 on the 1/4 mile if your VN can't do better than that it's time to throw it in the tip :D

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
1991_Vn2nV said:
You obviously aint been in many VL's :p

You'll rape his VL mate. Off line too. The VL's dont get movin til they hit 30km/h on the speedo... With the exhaust on his VL it will be much closer top end but you will still pull away from him even then...

QUOTE]

i bin in plenty of vl's mate. He's talkin manual vs auto so if his mates knows how to drive he will most probably get the jump then get thrashed. most 150-200k auto gearboxes r sludgeboxes

Manual VL ran 0-100 in 9.6 seconds with a very good driver from factory... VN Auto did 8.1 seconds 0-100

...Big difference :p

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
cohn said:
It would be interesting race, depends on how your friend drives, clutch and gearshift wise. the vl doesnt have as much touqe but has more power. and manuals have less power loss through the driveline then an auto has.

wtf you mean has more power? A VN has more power than a VL V8, let alone a VL 6..

GLD-086

Reaction score
The VL will rape the barge ass VN moite...:D

Nah seriously, I think the VN would win up top, being more powerful and having alot more torque.:)

If it was a Turbz. No chance in hell.:p

1991_Vn2nV said:
Manual VL ran 0-100 in 9.6 seconds with a very good driver from factory... VN Auto did 8.1 seconds 0-100

...Big difference :p

Was that with or without, the boat anchor attached to the VN?:p

Just kidding.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
hey guys, when u put my vl up against lukes vn wag (man)
i thrash his every time, only cause he cant drive but when im driving the vn it just beats my vl.
But this VN is running really **** atm.

JUst thought id bring a bit of vl owners opinion into it haha

Status
Not open for further replies.