Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vl vers vn not quiet sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
Like it has been pointed out by several people, drag racing is not all about the car.. you can have the better car on paper, but if the other driver gets it right off the line when that tree hits green, he may take it. The only way you're gonna find out for real if you get onto the strip with ur mate and drag.

Please Note: I'm not advocating for street dragging, do it on a strip.. it's safer for you and everyone around you.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Either way if the guy who started this thread aint the best driver and his mate with the vl is a good driver it is likely he would lose if his mate gets a clean green jump on him. Vn2nv up for a drag on the cruise??

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
If its a JC cruise, I'd say no dragging - unless you want to be banned from here.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Firstly i mean after the cruise on our own time and secondly who asked you Bax i was clearly asking vn2nv...in future i'll put his names in CAPS so you can make out who i'm refering to.......

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
No worries VNV6VENGEANCE - If you want to go and be a complete retard in your own time, outside of a cruise. And have a drag race on public roads and crash and die - then I wish you all the best.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
VNV6VENGEANCE said:
Either way if the guy who started this thread aint the best driver and his mate with the vl is a good driver it is likely he would lose if his mate gets a clean green jump on him. Vn2nv up for a drag on the cruise??

lol man you'll destory me...You're supercharged :p

But i'll still line up at a set of lights next to you and get a good look at the back of your car... In about 5-6 months it should be more interesting, im getting a new dual 2.25" zorst, pacey extractors, stage 2 shift kit and 3.73 diff gears...maybe with LSD if I have the $$$ for that as well :)

p.s. I mean a set of lights as a figure of speech Bax... On private property only of course :p

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
My sisters VL Calais was done up by her son before he smashed it up, It's getting fixed now.
He spent a great deal of money on it.
LSD 3.9. Tranny had a shift kit, Engine was tunned at a big price fuel injection system something was done there ECU etc. Lowered bigger rims brakes.
All this added to about 25kw Extra power from whatever it was before. It already had sports system and extractors.

This is old now but long time ago when he first done it. When my car was stock as a rock with the old tranny still, We know a very long street where there is nothing for a good 600meters but it's not much room for 2 cars at all it's almost impossible;e to pass.
So i followed him to this road and as we went around the corner we were going to go down hard.
As soon as we turned and went off i had the worst bad luck it dropped back to 1st and anyone with a V6 will know the type of response you get when it kicks down it's hard so right up his rear i went had to back off then go again, For the next 300 meters i was closing on his rear inch by inch but still can't pass, Admittingly that car was faster then i ever thought it was driving it, I still know if we went head to head i would win side by side but they are fast when done right, He had great power from take off with the LSD and extra torque to about 140kp/h and then it was going against it.
He has had plans of doing a 5 speed to it soon that will be interesting I'm looking forward to getting to Calder with him one night:D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
5 speed would have that thing going even faster.

VNV6VENGEANCE

VeNgeance
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Turbo
Bax your a bitch. Sorry to be so blunt but seriously i'm from Australia. Where were you brought up? I'll admit it aint safe but live your life a little buddy... Everyone has had a drag for a little fun. OK and don't try to give me some **** about people dying because i've lost mates to it as everyone has..

Status
Not open for further replies.