Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl-Vk gts question...

Tenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hq kingswood
hey all,

did a deceased shed clear out the other day and came across this garnish,

anyone shead some light on it, can’t find much but someone said it might be Vl-Vk gts garnish, thoughts? I don’t own one and someone might be interested but want to know what I. Have first..

Cheers
946ECCCC-3E28-4894-81DB-FC0750A17BAE.jpeg

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
since you dont own a commodore and aint interested in money :) , you could give it away to a commodore owner as a good gesture ? :) oh that vl gts sounds like an imaginary unicorn :)

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Is there a part number somewhere on it?

Tenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hq kingswood
Not that I have had a detailed look at

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep kiwi car...delcowizard had one in build thread????????????????

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
New Zealand only, had VL GTS. That's where this garnish is for.
Really a GTS, what a joke, a 3litre vl with brocks plastic bullsheet, poor new zealanders, what did they do to deserve that ... oh forgot, oh poor aussies, we got the rainbow coloured polariser , personally I would have preferred the royale with cheese :)

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
As a young bloke growing up in rural NZ in the 70/80's, all cars were expensive. If you ventured over to NZ in the 70's you would have thought you arrived some where in the UK as the English car makers had a huge influence on the NZ car industry form 50's well into the 70's.

With GMH, we had heaps of 1.9l Toranas due to a price point all us NZ's could afford new at the time. Most Holden V8 models weren't entry level so Premier's Statesmen then Calais all @ 308, very few 253, most those with cash wanted the highest spec.

NZ also got the RB20 in the VL (entry level VL spec) and sold really well, before the RB30 released as its higher spec. The RB engines really improved the driving experience over the VB VC VH VK 2.85/3.3ltr carb, EST or Injected spec. So when GMH NZ wanted to do a "special" ie GTS VL Commodore it was the RB30 selected as fuel was still really expensive.

At the time if you wanted a V8 in anything and didn't have a big wad of cash in your wallet you generally fitted it yourself! Most of the 1st Generation V8 Commodores left in NZ I bet didn't start out with a V8 in them. Hence the crazy modified vehicle scene in NZ. What was special growing up in the 70/80's we didn't have to engineer anything, just fit it close the bonnet!

Tenno if you want to sell the rear garnish Id be interested.