Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VL Wagon LS1 + Powerglide

various_one

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, LS1 + Powerglide
Had an absolutely wicked time at PCM!

It was the 1st real drive of the wagon and it was great to put the boot in and get amongst it!

The poor old diff didnt like the abuse, 1st lap, 1st cruise on friday - snaped an axle. Replaced and done powerskid and the last cruise for the day
Saturday morning, 1st cruise, 1st lap - snaped another axle! Replaced it and done last cruise powerskids - accidently had a tyre let go and done a little mess on the side but nothing to major
Sunday 1st cruise about 20mins in blew the crown wheel to pieces!
We had a whole other centre to chuck in but had a big camp sit to pack up and it had been a biiig weekend!

various_one

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, LS1 + Powerglide
Sort of let the thread go dead!

I've got a few photos from Summernats and Xtreme Powerfest which with both events in January.

During a cruise session, we noticed the oil pressure had droped as we coasted back to pits - we changed oil, tried a mechanical gauge and it was evident something was wrong. I don't personally think its anything major, car runs fine, no rattles or knocks, i think we caught the issues at the right time and suspecting the oil pump has failed.

So i havnt even looked at the car since January, also had a suspended license and the car is stored on a hoist at my Dad's place, he lives 35kms away - i get the license back in 5 weeks time and will begin the next stage of the build and also remove the motor for a check up, see whats wrong and while its out changing pipes, cam and get a re tune on methanol

Also have the rear clip to do which im really keen to get stuck into and also eliminate respraying the sides after every event- properly smooth engine bay and a fresh coat of jam, slightly different colour for Summernats 30 - hoping to have the car running and would love to make it to PCM as its my favourite events

So once i start working on the car again i will do my best to keep updates and pics on the thread

SUMMERNATS 29

XTREMEPOWER FEST