Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Wagon Project

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
yeah good quality brushes etc make a big difference to finish

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah so i've found out - the hard way as usual lol

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Not much to report at pres on this, been raining & just total crap for the last 2 weeks here. Trying to build a carport to put her under but the weathers been stopping that as well, hopefully & it's probably wishfull thinking but hope we get some average days before winter kicks right in so i can get her under cover.........

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well carports pretty much finished, couple of we jobs left but least shes up at last. Duck taped & undersealed the joins in the roof & at the back of the roof i put a length of angle iron across it then cut a wagon boot rubber to size & fitted that onto it so shes all water proof so should be good to get some work done here soon......

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Hope to get some more done on this soon - had an issue with this a few weeks ago where she just died & wouldn't start so been trying to trace that. Went through the electrics 1st & replaced a few things that needed replacing but there was still no joy - she had plenty of fuel & it appeared to be getting up to the engine. Wasn't till the other day i siphoned some gas out of her for the lawn mower that i realized where the problem could be, the petrol ate the rubber primer on the lawn mower & ate the paint off the petrol tank. So i drained the wagons tank & pulled the intank pump out & man had that stale petrol made a mess - gunked up around the fuel gauge section & down below plus had eaten the rubber joiner between the intank pump & the main feed. Even had to replace one outside fuel line as well - after sorting all that put some fresh juice in her & away she went.
Was sure rapt to hear her fire up again but i now no if your going to have something sitting for a while drain the tank as the fuel over heres nasty crap - so touch wood no more mechanical gremlins so i can keep on the main stuff.........

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
that is really bad man,never had that happen before,least you got it fixed anyways

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Might be a New Zealand petrol thing - we get a lot of crap over here but yes least she's fixed, had me scratching my head for a bit i tell ya lol

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah I bet mate,i would have been puliing my hair out lol,whats left anyway,but as you said least you found out the problem and all solved now so that's good