It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community
Discussion in 'VL' started by GypsyNz, Sep 14, 2013.
polyurethane was the stuff I was trying to think of-lol
Managed to sneak in some time to do a bit on this - 1 less back door handle to deal with now. Made up a plate & welded that in then a skim of bog, came up quite good to. Will block it back at some stage soon but she's good for now - got another wagon to pick up tomorrow for bits so wont get a lot else done to after the weekend.......
can't even tell there was a door handle there-lol-good work
Cheers - not bad for a 1st attempt at removing one like this lol
Got out there today & got some more done, rained the last 6 days so that sure put a stop to things. Anyways i replaced all the broken moldings above the bumpers today then got stuck into the last door handle, sorted that just two of the door molding holes to weld tomorrow. Will be no door molds on this, just a rust trap as far as i'm concerned. Will sort the other 3 doors next & passenger door locks going to be welded over to - then block her back & hit her with some black satin for now just to get it on the road.
Eyeing up some 16 inch internationals i might buy yet to for something different - anyways i'll chuck a pic up.......
Happy New Years To All - Beer Time Here:rockon:
coming along nicely mate,happt new years to you to:beer chug:
Score $100 for a set of Internationals, they'll suit the look i'm going for nicely:thumbsup:
need to tint the windows imo-lol
Thats for sure - Limo tints & a black satin paint job should do the trick nicely, will look like a hearse :rofl2:
yes a small hearse-lol,wheels look good,meant to say before but forgot-lol
Got a bit more done this morning - went & bought some thinners & got some paint as well. I no this wont be to everyone's tastes but it works for me on this one so i bought the black satin, they only had 2 litres in stock so will have to get some more later but least i can make a start. Doing in panel by panel so will work well - anyways i've got the back guard done. Came up good to, it's a nice satin just what i was after......
Well anyways heres a couple of pics:thumbsup:
One more pic:rockon:
looks good gypsy,must be a colour coming back into fashion as there are a few getting round here now
Cheers & yeah you see a few over here now to - going back to the roots maybe. Never thought i'd do another satin car again as that was all i had when i was younger & grew out of all that but it just seemed fitting for this wagon.
I will let out a bit of info i'm investigating at the moment & that's air brush stencils, never tried any of that before but i'm seriously considering having a go on this then going with a satin clear on top. Found a good range on stencils online for sale so could be a goer:thumbsup:
sounds like the go,what type of stencils you choose will be interesting I think lol
Bit more done today, trying to get the passenger side finished. I'm about 75% through it now, started welding up the molding holes & also welded up the passenger side lock. Still got 3 molding holes to do which hopefully i'll get to tomorrow - still progress is progress.......
looks better without the lock imo
Sure does - tidys it up real good.....
definitely does that
Separate names with a comma.