Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vl Wagon Project

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well got a rev up from the mrs yesterday telling me she wants things finished up & tidied up outside or i'm in the dog box for christmas so thought i better pull finger lol, got a couple of saw horses the other day so i put those to use over the last 3 hours & cut up the floor for the back & stained it. Came up awesome to & i like the colour of the stain, might get a flat polyurethane or what ever it is to go over top to protect it more. cut out for the spare wheel so just have to hinge that but that's easy. Was going to cut a piece of ply to go across the front to support it but after getting it in i think box section tubing will be the way to go & just make a cross bar, that way i'll have more storage under there. Still got to get some framing to build the sides yet but that's no biggy - anyways heres some pics :rockon:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah the stain came out better than i thought, should look sweet once i get the sides made up. Something different to the norm that's for sure......

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
have you thought about putting a coat of clear or a clear gelcoat type of stuff,then it would be hard wearing and easy to clean

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
have you thought about putting a coat of clear or a clear gelcoat type of stuff,then it would be hard wearing and easy to clean

Yeah i thought about that today - a satin type varnish or what ever it's called. Not up on all the house painting stuff but yeah would sure be the way to go - my original plan was to carpet but seeing how it looks i wont be bothering now. Back windows will be getting limo tints so the finished article should be sweet.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
do a bit of research I reckon and see what you can find

Great minds think alike lol was just having a hunt before - think i need a satin polyurethane to go over the top by the looks, will grab some at some stage soon.....

PWR 747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
not running a back seat mate? sorry if I missed it but I didn't see it posted anywhere

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
not running a back seat mate? sorry if I missed it but I didn't see it posted anywhere

Not in this one no, shes a permanent 2 seater now. Will be building full length cabinets along the sides in this, this is wagon number 3 i've got so one 2 seater wont hurt lol